Living A Consecrated Life
Greetings Saints and Future Saints,
It's been a while since I've blogged and been on social media, but during my time away I became more woke than ever. I took a hiatus from many things for 40-days, so that I could lean in to God and hear him more clearly. God has been doing a lot in my life and he is still moving. He has recently reignited my need to write and I pray that what he's given me blesses you.
Lessons Learned Living a Consecrated Life
1. Happiness was not written in the contract of my salvation.
2. My joy is not contingent on what God does for me, but simply for who he is.
3. Sometimes less is more when dealing with friendships. People come and go, but it's not a reflection of who I am, more so of where I'm going.
4. My suffering doesn't mean God has left me; if anything, he's closer than ever so that his glory would be seen during my suffering.
5. There's more disunity and judgement within the body than in the world, but those who choose Christ wholeheartedly over being lukewarm will walk in unity and inherit the kingdom of God. Remember to never allow the use of God's word to cause division in the body. Use it to bring peace through the knowledge of who he is.
6. Every journey is not a straight line and although it turns into jagged edges, I know that the journey is preparing me to walk in the greatness he has for me. Detours have come left and right, but if God is at the steering wheel, I will be alright.
7. God is faithful and willing and ready to speak to those who will be still and listen.... I'm hearing!
8. Numbers are significant not for quantity, but for the quality. One believer being discipled and walking in the call God has for their lives is far greater than the 100 who said the prayer of salvation and never went into a personal relationship with Christ. Salvation was never meant for you to give a portion of your life to Christ, instead it was to open me up so that my life would become His. In this season, the church should make it our agenda to disciple through the leading of the Holy Spirit.
9. God is love, but he is also just. God's word was never meant to be shared at our convenience. The word, as a whole, should be taught because it embodies the fullness of who God is, how he operates, and how he desires to see us move.
10. God moves beyond what the eye can see and oftentimes he's doing it through me in the hidden places of this world. I chase the 1 rather than trying to be chased by the thousands. Remember all that we do is for the glory of God... not self.
11. Get your priorities straight and be driven by eternity. I don't live my life for today. Instead, I live for the eternal life already prepared for me in Heaven. Treat life like a video game understanding there are new levels to living a life for Christ every day. Consider every achievement to be the beginning of a new stage in your life making you stronger and more available to be used by God until you make it to the last round which in a believer's case is Heaven.
12. Ministry was never meant to be done alone. For it to flourish, partner first with Christ and those he leads you to. Partnership is the key in this season of ministry.
13. Understand that all black churches are not religious, all mega churches are not greedy, and operating in the five-fold is not limited to all white evangelical churches... there are many that embody exactly what God desires for his church to be. You must stop chasing popularity and comfort to see these hidden jewels with your spiritual eyes rather than looking through a natural lens.
14. In the matter of marriage, you have not heard God wrong, so don't beat yourself up or allow anyone to belittle you because what you saw in the spiritual realm didn’t manifest in the natural the way you thought it would. God giving free will to man often leads man to choose permissive will rather than God's perfect will. Well, if they are not taking heed to God’s voice. Don't settle for anyone less than God's best. Even a good person may not be that great person God desires for you to have. Be still, keep pursuing God’s purpose for your life, and wait on the Lord.
15. Embrace every gift God has ever given you. You may not be able to use them all in one place, but God will always create time and space for you to grow in your gifts. You just have to keep using them.
16. When you encounter disagreements, it's more about how you handle yourself and respond by taking heed to what the Holy Spirit is saying than you being right...
17. Living a life of consecration goes beyond occasional fasts and corporate prayer meetings. Choose to consecrate yourself daily, by ALWAYS choosing Christ FIRST in every aspect of your life. Meditate on the word of God, worship him, seek wisdom, and ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit and then listen to him.
There are many more revelations God has given me, but I choose to stop at 17 because it represents breakthrough and victory. I believe that these 17 revelations have drawn me closer to breakthrough in my own life and I'm believing they will do the same for you!
In the meantime, here are a few scriptures that have really helped me to focus on God and making sure that I remember that all that I do is to bring glory to him and by doing that I am blessed beyond anything I could ever ask or think. May these scriptures lead you into living life of consecration.
One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.
But truly, as I live, and as all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord,
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne. And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald. Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, clothed in white garments, with golden crowns on their heads. From the throne came flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God, and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal.
And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind: the first living creature like a lion, the second living creature like an ox, the third living creature with the face of a man, and the fourth living creature like an eagle in flight. And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say,
’Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,
who was and is and is to come!’
And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
‘Worthy are you, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they existed and were created.’